The Division of Communication Sciences and Disorders in the College of Health Sciences and Professions invites applicants for three positions to teach American Sign Language (ASL) on the Athens campus. The Division has recently begun offering a four-course sequence of ASL and is expanding the faculty to cover these courses. These are 9-month full time positions beginning August 14, 2017 at the rank of Lecturer/Associate Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (non-tenure track) depending upon qualifications. The teaching workload will be a minimum of 24 credit hours per year. Other responsibilities may include, recruitment and recommendation of part-time faculty, student recruitment, academic advising, curriculum development, and program review and evaluation.
Quick Link to online application: http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/22638
Pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package including health benefits and education benefits for employees and eligible dependents.
· A bachelor’s degree in Deaf Studies, ASL education, ASL studies, or bachelor’s degree in cultural anthropology or closely related field by the start date.
· Teaching experience related to ASL.
· Significant intensive language study and immersion ASL (prefer 5+ years).
· Master’s Degree in American Sign Language or related field.
· ASLTA or NIC Certification.
· Expertise in any of the following areas: Deaf Culture and Community, Deaf Education, ASL Linguistics, ASL Literature, Disability Studies and/or Second Language Acquisition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
· Please complete the online application and attach required documents, which include a cover letter, resume/CV, statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of professional references (with address, telephone number(s), and email).
· Review of application materials will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by May 15, 2017.
· Quick Link: http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/22638
Applicants may contact John W. McCarthy, email@example.com, 740.597.1764 if they have questions about this position.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org
Posted in: Job Opportunities