NBDA Board of Directors and Executive Board are delighted to be involved with the 51st Biennial National Association of the Deaf (NAD) Conference in Louisville, KY on July 3-7, 2012. For more information about the 2012 NAD Conference, visit www.nad.org/louisville. Below are the following activities NBDA officers and board members are scheduled to be involved at the conference:
- NBDA Board of Directors, consists of NBDA Officers, Representatives, and Appointed Board members, will convene its NBDA Board Meeting on July 5-6, 2012 at the conference. The meeting will include discussion on the 2013 NBDA Conference in New Orleans, LA.
- NBDA is now an affiliate member of the National Association of the Deaf. NBDA will send delegates to participate in the Council of Representatives and Regional & Affiliate Caucuses meetings. Benro Ogunyipe, Cory Parker, Betty Henderson, Tim Albert, and Kimberly Lucas are scheduled to attend the meetings as delegates and alternate delegates. NBDA will vote on proposed priorities and candidates. If you would like provide feedback and opinions on proposed priorities and/or candidates that will benefit NBDA, please send an email to email@example.com.
- NBDA Board member Dr. Glenn Anderson and President Benro Ogunyipe are invited to serve on the panel discussion entitled “Nothing Diverse About Us, Without Us“. The straightforward discussion about embracing diversity and break out of the vicious cycle of all -isms. Diversity isn’t just about color. Its about embracing a diverse of people for their skills and contributions. The panel is scheduled on July 5 at 3:15pm. More information about this panel can be found at NAD Workshops.
- NBDA President Benro Ogunyipe will be presenting “Know Your Employment Rights and Responsibilities” on July 4, 2012 at 10:30am. This presentation explores employment rights for deaf and hard of hearing people under the provisions of Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), as amended. A list of scheduled conference workshops can be found at NAD Workshops.
- Immediate NBDA Past President Ernest E. Garrett III will be on the panel discussion entitled “Improving Systems in Your State: Knock on State Commission’s Door” scheduled on July 4 at 1:45pm. Ernest is the current Executive Director of the Missouri Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. He is one of the six directors of State Agencies serving the Deaf and Hard of Hearing on panel to share their insights as to how their agencies carry out their statutes.
- NBDA will be selling 30th Anniversary Gala tickets at the discount rate of $75 during the NAD Conference week. Come to NBDA table booth shared with the Kentucky Association of the Deaf or see one of the NBDA officers to purchase tickets. NBDA 30th Anniversary Celebration Gala “Celebrating A Legacy…NBDA’s 30 Years of Advocacy” is scheduled on November 10, 2012 at Holiday Inn – Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD. To purchase your ticket online and book your hotel room, visit NBDA 30th Event page.